There are multiple reasons why your payment has been declined. Some declines you’ll be able to fix yourself, others you’ll need to get in touch with us about. Reasons for decline could be:
- Lack of funds: you, or someone in the group, do not have sufficient funds in their bank account to perform the transaction
- Reached your limit on Cino: you have reached the limit for the group’s monthly spend or your personal spending limits throughout the app
- Reached your bank’s limit: you have reached the limit you have on your personal bank, whether that's a per transaction limit or total monthly volume limit.
- Blocked Card: you may have blocked or requested us to block your card
- Third parties: our third party providers may prevent the payment from taking place, whether for security reasons or internal network problems
- Your actions: any combination of the below actions by you or a member of a group:
- breached our Terms of Service,
- failed to provide us with information we’ve requested of you,
- account has been blocked for any other legitimate reason
- Law or regulation: We need to comply with the relevant law or regulation
- Security: We’re concerned about the security of your Cino card or account
- Fraud: We suspect fraud on your account
If you’re concerned about a decline, please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the transaction’s date, value and proof of decline (if you have any) and we’ll look into it!